Sometimes, no matter how hard we try, the wrong words slip out in a client meeting. If you’re like me, you’ve had times when you wished you could take the words back just as soon as they passed your lips.
Here are 10 things you might want to avoid saying in your next sales meeting:
- Someone should have been fired for that.
- Yes, we’ve seen this before. It will be a breeze.
- I never would have done that.
- You actually hired those people?
- If it wasn’t hard, you wouldn’t need me, right?
- I’ll only need 90 minutes of your time to preview my qualifications.
- I wouldn’t want to work here either.
- The terms of this proposal expire in 3 hours.
- What were they thinking?
- We always lengthen the project time-line when a client wants to “help” us.
Any others you’d like to add? Let me know.